Author Interview : Kevin Missal

Hello people. It's very interesting to let you know that I had got the golden opportunity to interview author, Kevin Missal. After two big hits, Yama and Karma, he's now going to release his third book, Kalki. This time we all have high expectations from him..

Title - Dharmayoddha Kalki - The Avatar of Vishnu
Author - Kevin Missal
Publisher - Kalamos Literary Services LLP.
Pages - 462

Here's how the interview went...

Me: What is the special thing about the book that you feel will leave a deep impact upon the readers?

Kevin : This is a good question. No one has asked me this till now. Well, I would say Kalki: the Avatar of Vishnu is about brotherhood, loyalty and love. These are the three things that play deep in the story. It's a relationship between Kalki and his younger brother Arjan. They have differences and yet to choose to move on from it and come together. The loyalty comes from Durukti's POV, Kali's sister who wants to do anything to save her brother. And love comes from Kalki's group who all respect and cherish each other.

Me: You started with a small idea, perhaps just a plot, and now you're ready to hand over the story to the readers. Tell us something about the journey and your feelings.

Kevin : Initially I just wanted to write a bunch of short stories that marked Kalki’s progression from being a native into a god who everyone can look up to. But slowly it began to expand, my exhaustion increased. I used to write 8,000 words every day, killing myself over little words, phrases, sentence structures, good dialogue and cinematic scenes. I would eat, sleep and drink this story. I would discuss with everyone about this story. It became so expansive that I enjoyed living in this world, among the characters. This was the first book where I didn’t rush the scenes. I just wanted to savor it, enjoy while it lasted. Thank heavens; there are two other books to come where the world can flesh up, more tribes and cultures will be opened. I am sure after reading the story you will want to ask more about the world Kalki lives in because unfortunately I didn’t show it enough. I wanted to make it concise. But in the second book, I have made it larger. 

Me : How does it feel when you receive the first positive complement from a reader about your book?

Kevin : I feel elated but humbled, I should say. No royalty can suffice this feeling.

That's all. We all wish him great success for his upcoming book... Till then, jump over to the links below and don't forget to pre order. You just can't afford to miss it!

Pre order links -
Amazon
Pustakmandi

Comments

Popular Posts