Book Review :The Inimitable Chaos of My Life by Maliny Mohan

Author - Maliny Mohan
Publisher - Story Mirror
Pages - 190

Blurb

A naive girl of eighteen is trapped in a dungeon, which changes her and her capturer's life forever. Afar, tucked away in the sleepy terrains of a town in Kerala, a married woman is determined to revisit a forbidden part of her past. A model-turned-MBA aspirant is scourged mentally for a decision she made almost three years back. Back in the less-happening village of Kanyapuram, an aspiring author loses a copy of her very first manuscript.

True to its title, 'The Inimitable Chaos of Life' is an amalgamation of enthralling stories borrowed from the chaotic pages of life, which allure you to relive the multitude of unique emotions humans are made of.

Review

I must say this is an amazing piece of work by Dr Maliny. As her debut novel, this book has come up with flying colors. The language is fluent and crystal clear which adds to the beauty of the stories. Each story is simple in itself but has an uncanny ability to leave the reader to contemplate the deeper meaning. This book is an amazing combination of stories of different flavours. 'Chaos' is our daily companion. The way Maliny has penned the portraits of chaotic situations is indeed praiseworthy.

As I had mentioned before, the language is beautiful. The title is unique, it gives the readers a chance to look at the chaos of their lives in a different manner. I didn't like the cover though, could have been made much interesting. The blurb gives out a lot! I like it. 😊. Each character is well designed. While reading the story I felt as if I'm stepping into their shoes and experiencing the situation myself. That's a great quality of a good author...

Cover - 3/5
Plot - 4.6/5
Language - 4.7/5
Title - 4.2/5
Blurb - 4.9/5

Highly recommended. It's absolutely not the usual kind of book we're used to read! 💟💟💟

Comments

Popular Posts