Book Review : Harappa 3, Dasharajna : The Battle Of Ten Kings by Shankar Kashyap

Author - Shankar Kashyap
Publisher - Indus Publishing Group

This is a wonderful piece of work. The name itself has a charm, and the gorgeous hardcover with a beautiful cover lured me to grab the book. The story starts with the age old rivalry between Guru Vashishtha and Guru Vishwamitra. Several episodes ultimately lead to the epic battle between King Sudas and Kavi Caymanna, aided by ten kings. It'll also tell you how  Upaas, the Royal physician got involved in the war. The story is perfect otherwise, I'd just like to add that the end could have been a bit more furnished. The intricate details throughout have put the cherry on the cake. As I proceeded through the story, it enticed me into a historical ambience and I felt as if I'm a part of the story. Historical or mythology based stories have always been my favorite and I'm glad to have added this to my collection. Such a book on the Harappan civilisation is indeed praiseworthy.

Once again, I'd love to say the cover is very nice. The title is good. The blurb is gripping. The language is simple yet artistic. There are many characters in the book which were at times difficult to keep up with, but that in no way did hinder the flow of the book. The book is a product of extensive research and has definitely come up with flying colors.

Cover - 4/5
Title - 4/5
Theme - 4.5/5
Blurb - 3.8/5
Plot - 4.2/5
Storyline - 4.3/5
Language - 4.4/5

I really loved this book. Hope to read more from the author. Well, can't we have a web series on this??

Comments

Popular Posts